These official rules of the IAC League of Legends Tournament (“Intel Arabian Championship Tournament”) apply to each of the Teams who play in the IAC League of Legends Tournament and not to other competitions, tournaments or organized play of League of Legends
Riot Games FZ-LLC, (“Tournament Organizer”) a free zone limited liability company in Dubai Creative Cluster Authority, has established these rules.
These official rules are designed solely to ensure the integrity of the system established to play League of Legends and a competitive balance among the Teams that play.
1. Eligibility Requirements
1.1. Player Age
No Player shall be considered eligible to participate in any IAC Tournament Match before having lived 13 full years or before reaching the eligibility age to play in a League of Legends Tournament in their residency country whichever is highest.
Each player must be a legal resident who is currently living in one of the 13 listed countries below:
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- All Players on a Team are required to be legal residents of the same country of one the 13 countries mentioned above, regardless of their nationalities, and should be living in that country while playing in the tournament.
- All participating players MUST have access to the email linked to their account they register with. Participants will receive tournament codes sent to their email.
- Players who are minor in their country of residence are required to provide parental consent to be eligible to Play in the IAC Tournament.
- Players may not be employees of Riot Games Inc. (“RGI”) or any of its affiliates. “Affiliate” is defined as any person or other entity which owns or controls, is under the ownership or control of, or is under common ownership or control, the named Riot entities above. “Control” shall mean the power, through any means, to determine the policies or management of an entity, whether through the power to elect, appoint or approve, directly or indirectly, the directors, officers, managers or trustees of such entity or otherwise. This restriction applies to any employee of Vendors and Sponsors and affiliates of vendors and sponsors related to the IAC Tournament.
- Players registered in the League of Legends Esports League-Recognized Contract Database at the date of registration may not be eligible to play in the IAC Tournament.
1.3. Parental Consent
1.4. No Riot, Sponsor, Vendor Employee
1.5. No Pro Players
2.1. Ownership Restrictions
- In order to preserve the integrity of the IAC Tournament, no person and/or entity shall have an interest in more than one Team participating in the IAC Tournament, as defined below: An “Interest” in or with a Team means any of the following: (i) a direct or indirect financial interest in, or financial relationship with, such Team, whether by legal or beneficial ownership, control, contractual relationship, loan agreement, or otherwise (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any buyback provision, right of first purchase, voting rights agreement, lien, deferred, reversion or security interest); or (ii) status as an officer, director, employee, stockholder, owner, affiliate, representative, agent, consultant, or advisor of such Team, or any other role whereby a person participates, directly or indirectly, in the financing, operation, marketing, or management of such Team or its assets.
- Teams that have qualified for Split 2 may only replace one of their substitute players, without any changes or replacements to the main roster, given that the main roster is determined by the original registration information with IAC. For example, if a team has two substitute players, they are entitled to replace only one. If they have one substitute player, only that substitute can be replaced.
- In case of a decision to replace a substitute player, all other members of the team, including the second substitute player if any, must individually send an email - i.e. for a six-person team, five players must send a confirmation email - to the admins confirming their acknowledgement and acceptance of such a replacement, no later than the 27th of September. The new player can be any player that is residing in the country of the team regardless if they played in IAC before or not. Riot Games bears no responsibility for any disputes occurring between members of a given team, and shall be entitled to accept or reject replacement requests at its own discretion.
- All players that have qualified to Split 2 will receive EUW accounts with all the champions unlocked, and they will retain these accounts until the completion of the round-robin home and away stages, following which the top 8 will retain the accounts for the rest of the tournament. Players are not allowed to use these accounts to play SoloQ/FlexQ Normals or Arams or any other game mode other than IAC games, unless notified otherwise by the admins, or risk losing the accounts.
2.2. Roster Requirements
2.2.1 A Player is only allowed to compete for one IAC Tournament Team and cannot be registered on the roster of more than one IAC Tournament Team.
2.2.2. A Team’s Roster can have a maximum of seven Players.
2.2.3. A Team’s IAC Tournament Roster needs to include at least 6 Players.
2.2.4. In the case of extenuating circumstances, such as temporary visa issues, a competitive suspension or a medical emergency the roster requirements may be waived temporarily. Grant of this waiver is at the sole discretion of the Tournament Organizer.
2.2.5. The proposed team name entered upon registration may be in English or Arabic; however, it may not be offensive, racist or sexual in nature. If found to be in violation of this rule, the team will be disqualified.
2.2.6. If a team qualifies to Split 2, their spot shall be reserved for the seven (5 main + 2 subs) players who have secured the win, and not for the club/team they represent. Riot Games is not responsible for players and their teams disputes.
2.2.7 Teams are required to play only with the team members they have registered with. Please note that at this stage all rosters are locked and no further changes can be made.
2.2.8 It is possible to switch substitute players as the team sees fit, as long as it is not in the middle of a given match (however substitutes are allowed in a series).
2.2.9. No changes may be made to any kind of information in your registration application. Any attempt to modify such information will automatically disqualify your team from the tournament.
3.1 Game Settings
- Map: Summoner’s Rift
- Game Type: Tournament Draft
3.2 Bracket Format
- Each country will have a maximum of 128 teams with the priority being to whomever registers first.
- The Tournament will be divided into two parts:
- The Qualifiers, which will cover eight weeks between the 1st of October and the 21st of November.
- The Finals, for which the dates will be determined later.
- How will the tournament be played and organized?
- TThe first stage of the Qualifiers will follow the League system, in which the 13 teams that have qualified from the 13 participating countries in Split 1 will face each other across a period of 8 weeks in two matches (one each, home and away) on the basis of BO1.
- After the conclusion of these rounds, the top 8 teams will qualify to the Finals.
- The Finals
- The top 8 teams that have qualified from the first stage of the Qualifiers will play in a Single/Double elimination bracket, to be decided later through the league.
- A match will also take place to decide the 3rd place winner.
- All Finals will be BO5.
- In case of a tie between two teams, the head-to-head score between those teams will be the decider of the team that will get the higher seed. In case the score was 1-1 between the two teams, they will play a tiebreaker game and the winner will get the higher seed.
- In case of a 3-way tie, if one of the three teams previously won head-to-head matches against the other two teams they will be the higher seed and the other two will follow the rules of a two-team tie.
- In case of a 3-way tie, if one of the three teams previously won 2-0 against one of the two teams and and tied with the other one, they will be granted a bye and the other two teams will play a tiebreaker.The winner will face the team that has received a bye for the higher seed.
- In case of a 3-way tie with no team winning in the head-to-head matches against the other two teams, a random name picker site will be used to choose a random team to be granted a bye, while the other two teams will face each other in a tiebreaker match. The winner will face the team that has received a bye for the higher seed
- In case of a 4-way tie or more, similar rules will be applied by the admins as they see fit.
3.3 Starting a Match
- All teams are expected to be there and confirm their attendance 30 minutes before the start of the match.
- Matches must start within a maximum of 15 minutes from their official scheduled time. In case of any further delay by either of the team, the admin shall be entitled to declare the match forfeit and award the win to the ready team..
- Side Selection Teams playing on the blue or red side will be determined based on their position in the bracket formation on Toornament. Accordingly, the team on the left will be on the blue side, and the team on the right will be on the red side. Alternatively, the team in the upper part of the bracket will be on the blue side, while the team in the lower part will be on the red side.
- After the home matches (Stage 1), the teams that played on blue side will play on red side and the teams that played on the red side will play on the blue side versus the same teams (Side Selection Swap in Stage 2).
- Coaches and substitute players of each team may spectate the games their teams are playing.
- Wrong picks or place holders are not allowed, i.e. if you accidentally pick a champion you don’t wish to play with, you are not allowed to quit the Champion Select in order to select a different champion. Once locked in, champions cannot be changed.
- In the event of a bug in Champion Select, where a player is unable to pick their champion or could not see or lock in their champion of choice, they must provide the admins on Discord with valid proof (Screenshot) in order to restart the Champion Select.
- The broadcast schedules will be determined by the Tournament Organizer and announced to the teams. Players are allowed to stream their matches as long as they are not featured games by the Tournament Organizer.
- Game dates are subject to change if the situation and timetable allows it.
- Any team with a problem regarding the date change will need to provide a valid and reasonable excuse to demand a date change.
- First Act that the team captain has to acknowledge
- Second Act will lead to forfeiting the game
- Third Act will lead to disqualification from the tournament
- If a Bugsplat, disconnect, or any other failure occurs which interrupts the loading process and prevents a player from joining a game upon game start, the game must be immediately paused until all ten players are connected to the game.
- If a player disconnects at a later stage of the game and couldn’t reconnect, his team can pause but not to exceed the pause-allowance, once the pause allowance have been exceeded the match must go on, and in case of refusing the team will lose that game.
- Best of 1: Each team is allowed 15 minutes pause time.
- Best of 3: Each team is allowed a maximum of 10 minutes pause time per game and 20 minutes during the course of a full series.
- Best of 5: Each team is allowed a maximum of 10 minutes pause time per game and 30 minutes during the course of a full series.
- Pausing beyond allowance-time will be considered unfair play and match must be unpaused. If a team disregards the pause allowance rules, contact an admin immediately via our channels on discord.
- No 4v5 Play: Teams are required to field a full Team of five Players to start a match. If a Player disconnects during a Game, a Team may continue playing after the pause-allowance is exhausted to attempt to complete the Game.
- In case of any dispute regarding any issue, the final decision will be made by the admin.
- The Game Admin has the power to refute any rule depending on the situation at hand.
- These Rules may be amended, modified or supplemented by Tournament Organizer, from time to time, in order to ensure fair play and the integrity of the IAC Tournament.
3.4 Recording Matches
3.5 Schedule Change
3.6 Breach of Rules
Foul language, offensive and disruptive behavior, and disregard to the pause allowance rules will not be tolerated from any player and will result in the following at a minimum: